HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server
HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server
What is your server bottleneck...storage, processing, expansion? The world’s best-selling server1 just got better. The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server delivers the latest performance and expandability.. Reliability, serviceability and near continuous availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty, makes it ideal for any server environment. Deploy the data center standard. Designed to reduce costs and complexity, leveraging Intel’s latest E5-2600 v4 processors with 21%2 performance gain, plus the latest HPE 2400 MHZ DDR4 SmartMemory supporting 3.0 TB and up to 23%3 performance increase. Supporting 12 Gb/s SAS, 40 Gb NIC with broad range compute options. HPE Persistent Memory, the world’s first NVDIMM optimized on ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance for databases and analytic workloads. Run everything from the most basic to mission critical applications, and can be deployed with confidence.
- New higher capacity HDD options
- New GPU options
- Enhanced NIC offering
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Flexible Design Makes Your Investment "Future Proof" so it Can Grow as Your Business Needs Expand
The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server has a flexible redesigned chassis, including new HPE Universal Media Bay configuration options with 8 to 24 SFF and 4 or 12 LFF drive options along with NVMe options and additional rear drive support for expandability and investment protection.
HPE Persistent Memory, the first Non-volatile DIMM (NVDIMM) optimized on HPE ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance and data resiliency for databases and analytic workloads.
In conjunction with the embedded SATA HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller for boot, data and media needs, the redesigned HPE Flexible Smart Array and HPE Smart SAS HBA Controllers allow you the flexibility to choose the optimal 12 Gb/s controller most suited to your environment.
You have a choice of embedded 4x1GbE, HPE FlexibleLOM or PCIe standup 1GbE to 40GbE Adapters provide you flexibility of networking bandwidth and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
World-class Performance and Industry-leading Energy Efficiency
High efficiency redundant HPE Flexible Slot Power Supplies provide up to 96% efficiency (Titanium), HPE Flexible Slot Battery Backup module and support for the HPE Power Discovery Services offering.
Improved ambient temperature standards with HPE Extended Ambient Operating Support (ASHRAE A3 and A4) and optional performance heatsinks help to reduce cooling costs.4
Enhanced performance with active and passive, single and double-wide GPU support for workload acceleration.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery
With HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server, HPE OneView provides infrastructure management for automation simplicity across servers, storage and networking.
Online personalized dashboard for converged infrastructure health monitoring and support management with HPE Insight Online.
Configure in Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) boot mode, provision local and remote with Intelligent Provisioning and Scripting Toolkits.
Embedded management to deploy, monitor and support your server remotely, out of band with HPE iLO.
Optimize firmware and driver updates and reduce downtime with Smart Update, consisting of SUM (Smart Update Manager) and SPP (Service Pack for ProLiant).
Industry Leading Serviceability
The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server comes with a complete set of HPE Technology Services, delivering confidence, reducing risk and helping customers realize agility and stability. HPE provides consulting to transform your infrastructure; services to deploy, migrate and support your ProLiant Servers.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides consulting advice to transform and modernize your infrastructure; services to deploy, migrate and support your new ProLiant servers and education to help you succeed quickly.
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 product family
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 product family
Number of processors
- 1 or 2
Processor core available
- 22 or 20 or 18 or 16 or 14 or 12 or 10 or 8 or 6 or 4
- 10MB L3
- 15MB L3
- 20MB L3
- 25MB L3
- 30MB L3
- 35MB L3
- 40MB L3
- 45MB L3
- 50MB L3
- 55MB L3
Form factor (fully configured)
Form factor chassis
Power supply type
- (2) Flex Slot
- (6) Maximum - For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpec
- With 128 GB DDR4
- 24 DIMM slots
- DDR4 SmartMemory
System fan features
- Hot plug redundant standard
- Choice of up to 2 double wide GPGPU's, or 3 single wide GPGPU's
- 1Gb 331i Ethernet Adapter 4 Ports per controller and/or
- Optional FlexibleLOM
- Depending on model
- (1) Dynamic Smart Array B140i and/or
- (1) Smart Array P440ar
- (1) Smart Array P840
- Depending on model
- iLO Management (standard), Intelligent Provisioning (standard), iLO Advanced (optional), HP Insight Control (optional)
- 3/3/3 - Server Warranty includes three years of parts, three years of labor, three years of onsite support coverage. Additional information regarding worldwide limited warranty and technical support is available at: http://h18004.www1.hpe.com/products/servers/platforms/warranty/index.html Additional HPE support and service coverage for your product can be purchased locally. For information on availability of service upgrades and the cost for these service upgrades, refer to the HPE website at http://www.hpe.com/support